- Solberg Airport (N51) – http://www.solbergairport.com
This is home to our aircraft. Solbert also teaches us, they maintain our aircraft, they supply us and they have been a valued partner for a long time.
- New Jersey Festival of Ballooning – http://www.balloonfestival.com
This is an annual event held at Solberg Airport.
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) – http://www.aopa.org
One of the best overall resources for aviation information on the web. AOPA is also General Aviation’s best advocate in Washington, DC.
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) – http://www.eaa.org
Join the Leader in Recreational Aviation and over 170,000 EAA members in the enjoyment and excitement of aviation! EAA members enjoy many exclusive benefits, with a variety of membership options to meet your needs and interests.
Aviation Navigation, Weather & Services
- ForeFlight iPad/iPhone App – http://www.foreflight.com
A BSAA club favorite; a great navigation/weather tool for both VFR and IFR pilots!
- AirNav Airport Search – http://www.airnav.com/airports
Obtain airport-related information, such as communications, runways, approaches, nearby services, METARs, fuel, and distance-to.
- Sky Vector – http://www.skyvector.com
FREE online aeronautical chart viewer. Not for navigation, but a great reference for quick information.
- CSC DUATS on the Web – http://www.duats.com
This is the direct link to the DUATS site for weather briefings, filing flight plans, etc.
- AviationWeather.gov – http://www.aviationweather.gov
the FAA’s recently updated fully features weather information site.
FAA & Other Government Sites
- Federal Aviation Administration – http://www.faa.gov
They are here to help!
- FAA TFR’s and NOTAMS – https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/notams_tfr/
Links to where you can find TFR’s and NOTAMS.
- Digital Chart Supplements – https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dafd/
Formerly the “Airport Facility Directory“
- Aviation Safety Reporting System – http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov
NASAs program which collects, analyzes, and responds to voluntarily submitted aviation safety incident reports in order to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents. The ASRS form is now available with online submission.
- National Transportation Safety Board – http://www.ntsb.gov
Government source for aviation accident causes.
- USAF Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol – http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com
Help the US Air Force with Emergency Services (Search & Rescue), Disaster Recovery, Aerospace Education and Homeland Security Courier Services. Learn more here.
Training & Education
- FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program – https://www.faasafety.gov/WINGS/
Continuing aviation education provided by the FAA.
- ForeFlight Training Videos – https://youtu.be/9aSvi70M7-A?list=PL2zAuxLDr5dY1k2HdgOuU3dVDQjpNPKr6
Learn about one of the best iPad tools for pilots
- GLEIM Aviation – https://www.gleimaviation.com
Training material used by many flight instructors and their students
- How a Constant Speed Prop Works
Emergency Training For Passengers
- AOPA’s Online Pinch Hitter Course – http://flash.aopa.org/asf/pinch_hitter/
Want a quick way for your passengers to understand the basics of flight? This is a great tutorial!
- Raritan Valley’s 8 Hour Live Pinch Hitter Course – http://princetonairport.com/pinch-hitters-course-2/
If your passenger’s want a more detailed and live in-person introduction, Raritan Valley Flying School offers a course on occasion at Princeton Airport.
ATC Monitoring & Simulation
- Live ATC – http://www.liveatc.net
Live ATC audio transmissions streamed over the web.
- Flight Aware – http://www.flightaware.com
Live tracking of IFR and commercial flights.
- VATSIM – http://www.vatsim.net
Virtual Air Traffic Simulation network, connecting people from around the world flying online or acting as virtual Air Traffic Controllers.
Finding Places To Visit
- The $100 Hamburger – http://www.100dollarhamburger.com
If you’re tired of flying to the same old places, they can help!
- Adventure Pilot – http://www.adventurepilot.com
A better implementation of the $100 hamburger site – and this one is free!
- Jeppesen – http://www.jeppesen.com
- Sporty’s – http://sportys.com
- AV Shop – http://www.avshop.com
- Pilot Mall – http://www.pilotmall.com
- Spinners Discount Pilot Shop – http://www.spinnerspilotshop.com
- The Pilot Shop – http://www.aipilotshop.com
- Tailwinds – http://www.tailwinds.com
Other New Jersey Flying Clubs
- Paramus Flying Club – http://www.flyingclub.org
Located at both Essex County Caldwell NJ (KCDW) and Linden NJ (KLDG) Airports
- Jersey Aero Club – http://www.gojac.org
Located at Lakewood Airport (N12)
- Monmouth Area Flying Club – http://www.flymafc.com
Also located at Lakewood Airport (N12)
- 150th Aero Flying Club – http://www.150thaero.org
Located at Morristown Municipal Airport (KMMU)
- Morris Aero Club – http://www.morrisaeroclub.org
Also located at Morristown Municipal Airport (KMMU)
- Skywagon Club – http://www.skywagonclub.com
Also located at Morristown Municipal Airport (KMMU)
- FreeFlight Aviation (formerly Ken Marson) – http://freeflight-aviation.com
Located at Flying W Airport (N14)
Misc Helpful Documents & Info
- Coming Soon!