- Solberg Airport (N51) – http://www.solbergairport.com
This is home to our aircraft. Solberg provides valued assistance; they maintain our aircraft, they supply us, and they have been a partner for many years.
- New Jersey Festival of Ballooning – http://www.balloonfestival.com
This is an annual event held at Solberg Airport.
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) – http://www.aopa.org
One of the best overall resources for aviation information on the web. AOPA is also General Aviation’s best advocate in Washington, DC. Visit their Aviation Safety Institute on their website for valued flight safety information.
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) – http://www.eaa.org
Join the Leader in Recreational Aviation and over 170,000 EAA members in the enjoyment and excitement of aviation! EAA is also a very strong advocate for general aviation in D.C. Members enjoy many exclusive benefits.
Aviation Navigation, Weather & Services
- ForeFlight iPad/iPhone App – http://www.foreflight.com
A BSAA club favorite; a great navigation/weather tool for both VFR and IFR pilots!
- AirNav Airport Search – http://www.airnav.com/airports
Obtain airport-related information, such as communications, runways, approaches, nearby services, METARs, fuel, and distance-to.
- Sky Vector – http://www.skyvector.com
FREE online aeronautical chart viewer. Not for navigation, but a great reference for quick information.
- Flight Service – https://www.1800wxbrief.com
This is the Flight Service site for weather briefings and flight planning, etc.
- AviationWeather.gov – http://www.aviationweather.gov
FAA’s full featured weather information site.
FAA & Other Government Sites
- Federal Aviation Administration – http://www.faa.gov
They are here to help!
- FAA TFR’s and NOTAMS – https://www.faa.gov/pilots/safety/notams_tfr/
Links to where you can find TFR’s and NOTAMS.
- Digital Chart Supplements – https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dafd/
Formerly the “Airport Facility Directory“
- Aviation Safety Reporting System – http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov
NASAs program which collects, analyzes, and responds to voluntarily submitted aviation safety incident reports. This information is collected in order to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents and make our skies safer The ASRS form can be submitted online. This should be used for self-reporting of unintentional mistakes or violations. It helps to track trends in the industry and ultimately makes for safer flying.
- National Transportation Safety Board – http://www.ntsb.gov
Government source for aviation accident investigations.
- USAF Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol – http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com
Help the US Air Force with Emergency Services (Search & Rescue), Disaster Recovery, Aerospace Education and Homeland Security Courier Services. Learn more here.
Training & Education
- FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program – https://www.faasafety.gov/WINGS/
Continuing aviation education provided by the FAA.
- ForeFlight Training Videos – https://youtu.be/9aSvi70M7-A?list=PL2zAuxLDr5dY1k2HdgOuU3dVDQjpNPKr6
Learn about one of the best iPad tools for pilots
- GLEIM Aviation – https://www.gleimaviation.com
Training material used by many flight instructors and their students
- How a Constant Speed Prop Works
Emergency Training For Passengers
- AOPA’s Online Pinch Hitter Course – http://flash.aopa.org/asf/pinch_hitter/
Want a quick way for your passengers to understand the basics of flight? This is a great tutorial!
- Raritan Valley’s 8 Hour Live Pinch Hitter Course – http://princetonairport.com/pinch-hitters-course-2/
If your passengers want a more detailed and live in-person introduction, Raritan Valley Flying School occasionally offers this course at Princeton Airport.
ATC Monitoring & Simulation
- Live ATC – http://www.liveatc.net
Live and archived ATC audio transmissions streamed over the web.
- Flight Aware – http://www.flightaware.com
Live tracking of IFR and commercial flights.
- VATSIM – http://www.vatsim.net
Virtual Air Traffic Simulation network, connecting people from around the world flying online or acting as virtual Air Traffic Controllers.
Finding Places To Visit
- The $100 Hamburger – http://www.100dollarhamburger.com
If you’re tired of flying to the same old places, they can help!
- Adventure Pilot – http://www.adventurepilot.com
A better implementation of the $100 hamburger site – and this one is free!
- Jeppesen – http://www.jeppesen.com
- Sporty’s – http://sportys.com
- AV Shop – http://www.avshop.com
- Pilot Mall – http://www.pilotmall.com
- Tailwinds – http://www.tailwinds.com
Other New Jersey Flying Clubs
- Paramus Flying Club – http://www.flyingclub.org
Located at both Essex County Caldwell NJ (KCDW) and Linden NJ (KLDG) Airports
- Jersey Aero Club – http://www.gojac.org
Located at Lakewood Airport (N12)
- Monmouth Area Flying Club – http://www.flymafc.com
Also located at Lakewood Airport (N12)
- 150th Aero Flying Club – http://www.150thaero.org
Located at Morristown Municipal Airport (KMMU)
- Skywagon Club – http://www.skywagonclub.com
Also located at Morristown Municipal Airport (KMMU)
- FreeFlight Aviation (formerly Ken Marson) – http://freeflight-aviation.com
Located at Flying W Airport (N14)